155. How Your Menstrual Cycle Responds To Stress
In today’s episode, you’ll hear me chat with Deborah Maragopoulos, a Family Nurse Practitioner specializing in neuro-immune-endocrinology. Also known as the Hormone Queen, Deborah became an expert in gender identity, hormones and DNA after the birth of her intersex child.
I’ve reached out to Deborah after my own menstrual cycle went haywire.
Highlights from today’s episode:
- Deborah’s story of birthing an intersex child and her desire to understand hormones to support her child.
- The hypothalamus gland and its role in hormonal health
- What’s going on with our female bodies right now? Why are our cycles going haywire (my experience as a case study)
- What’s the connection between adrenals and ovaries?
- Is there such a thing as bad exercise? Is exercise stimulating our adrenals in a negative way?
- What can we do nutritionally to stimulate Progesterone?
- How about male hormones? How do their bodies respond to current stress and what we can do to support their wellbeing?
- In the end, Deborah shared her definition of feminine power as well as what makes her feel confident, energized and sexy as a woman.
This is an important interview which will help you understand your body better so you don’t panic, stress too much or feel like you’re losing control over your body. We’re in this together! I am going through this alongside you and right now what works really well for me is educating and empowering myself with knowledge, ideas and practical action steps I can do.
Deborah is a powerhouse of information, knowledge and expertise and I hope you’ll enjoy listening to her as much as I did!