154. Transforming The Core of Motherhood with Jennifer Oliver
Today on the podcast I’m chatting with Jennifer Oliver, from fitmama.com
Jen Oliver is a Core Transformation Coach and Founder of FitMama. Through safe fitness, self-care, and mindfulness she supports new moms to embrace, nurture and enjoy their motherhood journey. Jen is most passionate about is supporting women to love their bodies and love their lives.
Jen has been in the health and fitness industry for over 15 years and has completed multiple certifications in fitness, core training, meditation, reiki, nutrition, and holds a master’s degree in Exercise and Healthy Psychology. Jen is an ICF accredited coach and focuses her coaching around the principles of positive psychology, core rehab, body positivity, and self-love. Jen knows what it takes to strengthen the body from the inside out. Physically and emotionally. With breathing techniques and safe exercises, she can help you restore your core to where you feel even stronger than before you had kids and that’s only the beginning.
Highlights from this episode
1. Jennifer’s story of how she injured her back while being a mama of two young kids and how she’d emerged from that.
2. Why do women lose their confidence after becoming a mom?
3. What is true? Our physiology is a reflection of our psychology or the other way around?
4. The connection between core strength and having foreign inserts in the body (i.e. IUD) and the body’s response to it.
5. Are crunches good for us?
6. The difference between yoga and pilates and engagement of core?
7. How soon can you begin pilates postpartum?
8. What is a reformer?
9. Jen walked up through some breath work to strengthen the core
10. Jen answers my questions about her as a woman, wife and mother (this is where we get real!)
This episode is a must-listen for all mamas who are struggling with getting back in shape postpartum as well as women who are way past labour but wish to strengthen their body while mothering their kids.
In my own personal experience the core is the area of the body where I feel connected to my essence as a human being. It isn’t news that after labour and delivery many of us feel like we’ve ‘lost ourselves’ after motherhood and in my opinion reconnecting and strengthening that area of the body is a great place to start!
Did you like this episode?
I wanna know about it! Share your comment below and let’s start a conversation about all things your core as a woman, wife and mother!
Jen’s YouTube video explaining why crunches aren’t good for moms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynXvKxdQ55Y