150. Using The Four Phases of Your Menstrual Cycle as a Healing & Self-Care Framework (with Dr. Alex Golden)
I am so excited to introduce you to Dr. Alex Golden, the co-founder of Zesty Ginger. Together with her partner, Megan Blacksmith, they teach women how to live in alignment with the four phases of their menstrual cycle.
Dr. Alex Golden is known for her integrative MD approach to health through both functional and conventional medicine and for teaching women the tools they need to be their own health advocates.
You are going to LOVE this interview, we’ve cover so much important points you need to know about as a woman!
This episode is an absolute MUST listen!
I have learned so much from Dr. Golden, she’s incredibly wise and intelligent and her life’s journey is inspiring on so many levels. She and I both have a Russian background and we talk about that too, navigating the Russian mentality and culture, healing from the Soviet upbringing is not an easy task. The Soviet-style of parenting is ridden with shame, critic, structure and a distance between parent and child. This is not an easy beast to dismantle and heal from and we both are still working on that.
Highlights from today’s episode:
- Alex’s story and journey from healing chronic pain all the way through her current work with women
- The heartbreak of not having children, navigating a conversation with her husband, parents, in-laws and the pressure of that.
- The curse of the good girl and grieving her so we can step into our best selves as women.
- How Alex and Megan have discovered working with the four phases.
- What makes the four phases work and the practice of trusting yourself as a woman.
- The differentiation between owning your power as a woman and what you think you should be able to do compared to men.
- Hormone balancing and working with the 4 phases of the menstrual cycle can be grouped into 2 overarching goals:
1. Optimizing inflammatory cascades in the body (phases 1&2)
2. Optimizing natural detoxification functions for a healthy metabolism and to properly process and remove hormones and hormone-mimicking substances (phases 3&4).
- What to do if you don’t have a menstrual cycle?
- What is behind the name zesty ginger?
Four Phase Cycle podcast with zesty ginger
@zesy_ginger on IG
Healthy Hormones Group Program
Zesty Ginger Support FB Group